Tuesday, January 18, 2011

It's the Burke Seven. White Collar, 2.10, Reaction Post

Here we go. Ahh, I can’t believe that it’s been so long since a new episode. And I guess that this is the first play by play/reaction post on my blog.  There hasn’t been a new episode of this show since I first got to my dorm over five months ago. That’s way too long.




Ughhh, the ambulance just made my heart turn about five different shades of BEAT BEAT BEAT. Uhhhh, he just FLATLINED. I can’t – okay, we’ve got a beat. We’ve got a beat, folks, and we also have a Neal in Mozzie’s hospital room. God, this makes me so very happy. Happier than anybody could ever know.

Uhhh, a medically induced coma? Come on, guyssss. But Peter and Neal are so freaking adorable right now.

“And don’t say goodlooks and charm.”

That’s how he stays ahead of me.

WHAT? I’m just saying.

Guh, Matthew Bomer’s face. It’s beautiful. YOU HEAR THAT? Beautiful.

“I’ll talk to the forger.”

He’s got Eames on speedial?

Caffrey’s hat, by the way. Codename: adorable.

“And keep in mind that I know about your expired liquor liscence.” Go, Peter!

Of course Caffrey has beautiful contacts. ß er, people. Not, you know, not!glasses.

Anybody here watch Primeval? There’s a girl who looks like Abby Maitland in the background right now, and it’s killing me so completely.

“You want New York or out of state?”

Well, everyone loves Mozzie! Of course they’re going to help for him…

Ad Neal is sleeping there when Mozzie wakes up! OMFG I LOVE THIS SHOW SO VERY MUCH. He’s all asleep ith a file on his chest and it’s just absolutely adorable…

“They finally got me.” Oh, Moz.

TWO MILLIMETERS?

“That’s because I don’t have a heart.”

<33333 These two are adorable.

“I’m in the system.”

“Not exactly.”

Awww, Neal, Peter. Thank you for doing that for him.

“I hate to ask you this, Moz…”
Aw, Neal.

“I can’t.”

They’re killing me. IDEK, OKAY?

The picture on Peter’s desk is adorable. Always been a fan of Peter/El.

“He quoted Neitzche to a nurse, he’s gonna be okay.”

Of course he’s going to be okay. He’s Moz, after all.

Oh, fuck. Larson is right behind him. Well, fuck you too, Larson the incredible MORON MAN. Nobody likes you, Larson. Go home.

Good boy, Neal. Good boy.

No! Turn that back around right now or I swear to God….

“What if I deliver you, the man behind the curtain?”
How about we don’t, and say we did?

“Or who killed Kate…”

I know that not many people liked Kate, but I do. It’s partially due to a friend who’s a hardcore Neal/Kate shipper, and, like most things she does, has persuaded me to see her way.

El, Peter, Neal. I love them, they’re like this family. Peter has his hand on her chair, doesn’t he?

“You’re not listening to me… you are listening to me.”
That says so much.

“Can I borrow Satchmo?”
“No, you can’t borrow Satchmo.”

“Did you take my mug?”
I love these two. Their commentary is a thing of WIN.

“Excellent. We’ll get coffee on the way.”
“Get him out of here!”

That, folks, is an angry Peter. An angry Peter because that man is hurting people he cares about.

“Jones? Check that plant.”

Peter Burke, you are a man of answers.

Neal just called him bud, and Mozzie is in a wheelchair. <333

“Deathbed epiphenies aren’t your style.”

Moz, poor baby. <3 Of course you have a heart.

“Thank you.”

Neal and Moz right now are absolutely breaking my heart. The guilt and their friendship, it’s just so … they’er friends, you know? Not conmen pretending a relationship. They’re friends. And Neal needs more of them.

Dude, Peter is going to bitchslap you so hard you aren’t even going to know that next Sunday EXISTS.

Is that guy’s name Jareau? Hello, Criminal Minds and … no way. No way that – oh, the mug. Of course, that’s why his mug is gone.

Please don’t take his gun and badge. Please don’t … but of course you’re going to. Let’s ignore how that’s a plot device and move on to how Neal and Diana are about to be absolutely adorable.

“I’ll send you the bill for my door.”

AND ILL SEND YOU THE BILL FOR MY FIST.

It’s okay, Neal and El will give you some snuggles, Peter.

“Boss.”

<333 Diana. The way that she said that was absolutely win.

Mozzie has a care package? And peter just killed … er, make that KISSED … El’s forehead.

Also, their little family is adorable. Peter and El and Neal, making it as a family since … er, when did this show air?

The mug! Good boy, Peter, but we figured it out before you.

Is that Caffrey?

…. Okay, the fact that Jones knows how Neal walks is hilarious. And Diana kept looking up at Neal like, “And what do you think?”

Aw, Jones has been left out of the circle? Come on, Peter, you can trust him!

“Caught yourself cheating yet?”

<3 Peter and Neal sitting at the table together. That’s just adorably cute.

“I have never appreciated your distrust of me more.”

Oh, the way he said that. <3

“He’s a Nigerian prince.”
“I thought that only existed in spamming mail.”

And in White Collar.

Sarah Ellis. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU HERE.

“Nice to see you fully clothed.”

Maybe nice for you …

Oh, they are so playing their little selves. It’s adorable.

“he’s like superman without his powers.”

THAT just won line of the night.

Peter Burke = Clark Kent. Neal Caffrey = Boy Wonder.

Peter is so good at going undercover, even if he refuses to admit that he likes it. YOUD MAKE A GOOD CONMAN, PRETTY BOY #2.

(What? I have a thing for him, too!)

I can’t decide whether I like Sarah’s dress or not and while typing this, I decided that I do not.

“"what? that i have my baton and i really like to hit people."

THIS.

“You caught me. Call me Frank.”

Oh, you just got caught, baby darling.

/obviously half out of her mind tonight

Sarah is winning at life, even if I don’t like her. I HOLD GRUDGES, OKAY?

“Peter Burke, cowboy.”

He is working that jacket.

“A con.”
“nothing illegal.”
“I saw what you did there.”

He’s quoting icons now?

“Burkes crew.”
“Welcome to the other side.”

Don’t worry, we have cookies.

“To protect you.” <3333

Mozzie’s working on it, of course he is, because no matter how injured he is Mozzie wins at life.

And I just realised, Peter and Diana are usually the ones that go against the laws. And they protected Jones, that’s adorable.

“Anything to get out of that van.” <3

Awww, El is visiting Mozzie! She looks good this season. She always looks good, but <3 right now. DO YOU HEAR THAT I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR FACE.

“You might actually like retirement.”

We now cut to a man with gray hair knitting…  

“Do you want to prank call Peter?”
“Absolutely, right now, let’s do it.”

Sarah is quickly winning herself points. Quick shout out to my little E.T., if she’s reading this. That reminded me of things.

EL JUST KISSED HIM ON THE CHEEK.

“It’s not a con.”

That conversation, right there. <3

Jones is dressed up like a phone service man.

“A powersource. That’s where I come in.”

“That’s where Sarah comes in.”

Where do /i/ come in?

“Oh, a lady who colors outside the lines.”

… stop gaining points, Sarah, I don’t want to like you.

“Houston, we have a problem.”

Burke’s house is Houston now.

“your turn. Lose him.” <3 I love the interaction between all of them.

“Hand me that! I’ll DUMP him.”

Oh, El, you are like, one of my favorite characters ever.

Neal’s face right now.

Peter’s face right now.

ALL OF THEIR FACES.

“Now it’s the Burke 7.”

Did Neal and Peter have a bet?

“I will pay you bubble.”

But it’ll pop! /amused

“Definitely the forties.”

Really, Neal, what gave it away?

Larson, still! Go away, nobody WANTS YOU HERE.

“Peter Burke?”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes, positive.”

Good boy.

And we’re making oru move but it’s gone wrong. Two blocks in the wrong direction of wrong and

Peter’s on a horse.

‘Would you look at that.”

Am looking at it, actually. From a girl who rode for most of her life, this is going pretty damn well if … is that actually Peter on the horse? Got to say, I don’t think it was. But I could be wrong. Either way, pretty damn hot. <3 And he got his man. And everybody’s watching and taking pictures, because, well, ITS PETER BURKE ON A HORSE.

And there come the crew. And Pter still has the horse.

“Nice riding, Butch.”
“Thanks, Sundance.”

So, my night has been MADE. Made, I tell you.

“The burke seven is hereby disbanded!”

He’s not going to admit it – “A good con never admits to anything.” <3333

“I built your equation… and you need to come see this.”

That … doesn’t sound any kind of good.

Peter Burke is officially the best cowboy, ever. Who was he working for, anyway?  

“Are you offering to go to Argentina?”
“Tell junior I’ll send him a postcard.”

… okay, so they’d be kind of cute. /betrays that aforementioned friend

Diana, I still adore you.

And Larson has a bruise on his cheek, because Peter put it there. Well done, you.

Now, Moz, Neal, what is this?

No, not de ja vu.

“Offers expired.”

In the words of Inception, BRMMM.

And … that’s a very adorable face of desperation, Neal. Poor boy does the pretty so very well.

“His name is Vincent Adler.”
“It’s the man who made me who I am today.”

And next week …

OMFG OMFG OMGF OMFG OMFG OMFG. THIS IS ALL. 

5 comments:

  1. CURSE YOUR SUDDEN BUT INEVITABLE BETRAYAL. *shakesfist* DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT IS THE SOUND OF ME WARMING UP TO PUNCH IN YOUR FACE.

    ...Okay, so not really. BUT. You have betrayed my tiny trust! (it was wee, you see.)

    *protects Kate from you and your betraying self*

    I /am/ starting to like Sara though. She's slowly winning points. But not as a love interest! *iz dragon*

    BUTCH AND SUNDANCE! I CALLED THAT FIRST, SHOW!

    AND OMFG OMFG OMFG NEXT WEEK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you love me anyway, Decaff. <--- new nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. Popped over here at your invite on the other forums.

    I have to agree with just about everything, except for Sara. I thought the flirting was too much, too forced, and painful to watch.

    Also, while Sara managed to not make me hate her this episode, I still don't like her because she's basically....nothing. She isn't a character so much as a placeholder as Neal's "lurve interest".

    But uh...to the important parts of the episode.

    PETER ON A HORSE. NEAL AND PETER IN T-SHIRTS. EMOTIONAL MOMENTS. PETER ON A FRIGGIN' HORSE.

    That is all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Girlwiththenotebook: You know I hate Decaff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the ep as well. Did a good job with the suspense over Mozzie even though I was 99 percent sure he'd be fine.

    Also, something I've noticed that I almost ache to see -- every time I see a scene with Peter and Neal standing facing each other, I want Peter to snake his arms around Neal's waist and pull him in close. Especially in an emotional scene!

    I love El, too, although I actually find I like her scenes with Moz more than Peter, maybe because I can focus on the characters more without all the distracting hotness around. :>

    Have to admit I liked Sarah in the ep to (and am always a huge fan of Diane). I just wish that like Diane they would allow a professional woman to dress a little less like she's headed for a cocktail party than work.

    Finally, I actually felt more scared for Mozzie at the end of the ep than at the beginning when he did the infamous 'tell you when I get here' call about something mysterious. Really got a stab of worry that after seeing him all recovered and far from death's door that they'd pull a fast one and kill him!

    And yeah, next week? Really looking forward to learning that backstory!

    ReplyDelete