Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I want Taco Bell Now; Criminal Minds, 6x12

One agent will face his demons? I don’t much like the sound of that. But I do love the feedback I’ve been getting on these postings, which is quite amazing! Now, this particular commentary is being done while watching live, for the first time, and may include but not be limited to: tidbits from my roommate, influence from the devil on my shoulder (whose identity has yet to be revealed) and the perils of being too overtired.





Here we go, then.

Oh, Reid. Poor baby, what’s happened to you? Though I want to say that the knee bouncing thing is troubling, I do that too. Just not as, um, creepily as he’s doing it.

I know that they want us to believe he’s going through the schizophrenia, but … gah, that would really tear him apart, wouldn’t it?

And my mind definitely allowed me to think that Ashley Seaver was JJ, for just a second. And then I remembered.

“Arizona?”
“Palm Springs.”
“Please.”

Humorless Hotch is humorless, and also humorless.

And I love our Garcia, as always. But the poor girl shouldn’t be having to look at all of this – that’s JJ’s job. But oh, I’m sorry, what exactly did we do with her….? ;(

Come on, commercials, did anybody invite you here? No. No, they did not. In fact, I distinctly remember NOT inviting you to the party.

While we’re waiting for the intrepid BAU team, minus JJ, to come back, some random thoughts on Seaver:

I think she’s too young. I don’t think she earned her way into the team. In fact, I think she earned her way into not being a part of the team, with the way that she messed it up originally. She distinctly didn’t’ follow Hotch’s orders. She took matters into her own hands. And while this went the way that she wanted it to, it easily could have gone another way. And in the real world, she’d have been kicked right off that team, or put at a desk job or a consulting position.

But who am I to poke at plot holes, to quote a certain devil? I really just don’t like her – because she’s not JJ.

Win quote of the week, by Mary Shelley. Who I have to read a short story by for homework… wonder if that was from what I’m going to read? I guess we’ll find out later …

Oh, poor baby, you’re definitely seeing things, aren’t you?

“Or whether he’s using religion…”

I bet on that one.

Quick nerdy moment, Reid is – NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE SEAVER – rubbing at his eye. Is there an angel in there? Doctor, we need you! Close your eyes, Reid, close your eyes …

Like a good neighbor, Matt Smith is there!

Oh, Reid. Is somebody drugging you? Please, tell me someone is drugging you … or that you’re going through withdrawel from not taking duladid or something. Just, don’t have schizophrenia. Please?

… that goat is absolutely disgusting. And I love goats. I had a favorite goat at a farm I used to go to, named Shadow, when I was about seven or eight.

WHY THE GOATS? AND WHY THE CATS?

Aww, look at that little puppy!

WATCH, they’re gonna kill that dog by the end of the episode.

(I’ll have everyone know I now officially have the chiuhuha song stuck in my head.)

“I must go.”

Watch after your dog, Oh Mr. Dude with the Dead Brother.

… I mean, come on. She really looks like JJ.

Oh, Mr. Dude with Dead Brother, you’re about to get whacked. You’re about to be Mr. Dead Dude with Dead Brother. MDDWD.

I’m so right about this dog. I’m so right about this dog and poor dove, poor headless dove.

… headless dog, now, too. I TOLD YOU SO. COME ON. LEAVE THE DAMN ANIMALS ALONE.

Commercial time.

“When Pam joins our company, we’re not going to treat her like policy 313, we’re going to treat her like PAM.”

Anybody else hear that like it was talking about the cooking spray? Good stuff. Anti-stick. Less fat than butter. PANCAKES.

… I miss pancakes. /living on college dorm food

Anybody wondering what’s going to happen with the new Criminal Minds spin-off? Because I haven’t heard word of it. Honestly, I think they threw themselves into the fire when they took off JJ, and their show isn’t doing well enough for the spin off. But that’s just me.

“Isn’t Jimmy Mercado the shaved ice man?”
“Mercado was killed?”

He sounded a little bit … in despair.

The new guy who just walked in looks like my philosophy: human values teacher, and TEH ROOMATE says that she thinks he’s the unsub. As soon as he walked in the door. If she’s right, that will be the most epic call ever.

Seaver, anybody ever tell you that you shouldn’t match your gloves to the shirt and by God that is a disgusting head. And tongue, apparently. And tell me that’s his dog.

“Is that a dog?”

Yeah, a chihuahua.

There’s a fabulous video on youtube of Criminal Minds to the song Chihuahua. That’s all I can think about right now. I’m trying not to die laughing because of it.

But I figure that this warrants a “Yo quiero taco bell?”

“And put it in a dish.”

Bubble gum, bubble gum, in a dish … how many unsubs do you wish?

(Remember what I told you about having too little sleep?)

And that guy hides his bracelet. Are you trying to look suspicious, Mr. Cop Man?

“Girl genius does it again!”
“You know I love you, right?”
“What’s not to love?”

Why are the two of you not together again? Because darlings, the man in the moon can see the sparks flying between the two of you without a telescope.

Watch Reid collapse. Watch, is Reid going to collapse? No, not yet at least. But Morgan is circling like a … thing that circles a – BUZZARD. Circle that dead chicken, Morgan, circle it!

That guy is looking at Reid very oddly. Then again, we might just be seeing it through Reid’s eyes, and that could make it feel suspicious.

Morgan is wearing his shades of justice. Which Reid is trying to emulate but it isn’t working. Yes, yes, they’re for the sun because he has headaches. But he needs to take his fashion!sunglass tips from Morgan.

Oh, he called her baby girl. <3333

“my name is doctor spencer reid..”

And your’e probably going to wake down in the interview room? Because that’s what I sense coming. Or that man saying something about whatever is bothering him… *whimper*.

And we can call it on that second one. He knows that the light is bothering him!

“Is that blood?”

No, it’s cherry juice, Seaver.

Love how Morgan just walks in and holds up a picture like, BRMMMM.

The guy is doing that tapping to freak Reid out and I have this horrible feeling that it’s going to work. Oh, poor baby. Poor thing. He’s about to freak out. Have him stop it, Morgan. Stop it, right now. Make it stop! Don’t let him get hurt because you can so see that it’s what’s about to happen and oh, this whole entire thing is done beautifully, with the build up and … that guy has disappeared.

… and it just cuts off. Tell me it didn’t affect Reid at all?

I really want a soda. Just thought I’d mention.  

The proverbial devil on my shoulder (read: so named because she gets me into everything and has the knack of persuading me to see her way in shippings, pairings, characters, tv shows, and the like…) isn’t watching just yet. Which means she can’t watch, and that makes me sad. Dx

And, we’re back.

Did Morgan notice anything by Reid?

“Is he all right?”

Oh, Hotch, I knew there was a reason I loved you so very much …

There’s something spoiling his head? Dx No, it’s just his own belief that’s making him believe something is spoiling his head. That’s why it’s coming off that way to that guy, because Reid is afraid and starting to believe it.

“He must be using again.”

This, in my head, is foreshadowing … because it could be Reid going through withdrawel, or a set-back.

Garcia, you and your pink glasses. Gotta love it. <3 and she looks fantastic with the red hair. It suits her.

Is Reid sitting on the table? Aww, how adorable.

You know, he may have left the tongue, but I didn’t need to see it. Thanks.

“Your head is spinning because it’s full of ghosts… it’s eating your soul.”
“Ghosts?”

Poor thing …

Professor Walker … was that the guy that TEH ROOMATE called earlier? Because, like I said … that would just be epic.

Criminal Minds, Suspect behavior, February 16th. I’ll be watching for the British guy. Does that make me shallow? No, it makes me smart. And if it does make me shallow … no, no, I do not care.

Yes, it is that guy that TEH ROOMATE called it on!

And oh, it hit a nerve with Seaver… what, I can be nice to her once in awhile. I do like her backstory, I’ll admit to that.

“They found these in a refrigerator!”

Midnight snack, anyone?

Morbid, sorry,, and …

Oh, Reid, what are you doing you poor little thing? Do you need some comfort? I volunteer myself. But … he’s going to be in that room with Reid and Reid just took off his damn vest. Of course he did, because the world is an obnoxious place. Reid, put your damn vest back on! NOW. Do you hear me?

I have a feeling we’re not going to get to know what’s going on with Reid just yet. Watch, that’ll be next week’s episode. And as much as I love Reid … I really want to know what Hotch’s secret, or Morgan’s secret, is. Or even better, I’d absolutely love to know Emily’s secret.

Come on, Reid, what have we learned about going into cabins on your own? Remember what happened last time you did that?

YOU ARE SMARTER THAN THAT, GENIUS BOY.

“You really shouldn’t be here.”
Couldn’t have said it better, darling.

“Men like you and I don’t need guns.”
“Yeah, men of intelligence.”

Sorry, but men with intelligence DON’T FUCK IT UP LIKE THAT. But he does get a little leeway for being half out of his mind right now … because he looks like he’s going to curl up in a ball in about five seconds. Which, hey, if I were him …

“Well, this is not good.”

Rossi, it looks like you’ve tapped into my mind and spoken my own words.

Come on, Rossi, Morgan, go go go!

Oh, moaning guy, shut your face! I want to listen to Reid.
Oh, Reid, even ready to curl into a ball you win at life.

“You have the right to remain silent, use it!”

Morgan wins line of the night.
“What do you need protecting from?”
“I have no idea.”
“Are you all right?”

“Pretended?”
“Yeah, pretended.”

Hotch … come on, honey, you can do it.

… there’s nothing wrong. How is there nothing wrong? … psychosomatic. That’s a reason.

“I’m not crazy!” *whimpers*

… that was a good episode, all in all. And we’ve got scenes for next week! Don’t know if it’s going to be another character’s secret, but my guess is that it’ll either be a continuation of this one (Reid’s secret, that being) or a completely non-character related episode, which I do not approve of.

And, now, let’s see what the preview has to say.

*taps fingers while waiting* Come no, I don’t have much patience today…

Okay, preview.

Bonnie and Clyde, coming to a town near you…

No comments:

Post a Comment