Friday, January 21, 2011

Brain Mapping, the new album. Fringe, "Firefly"

Today is the first ever episode of Fringe that I get to watch live and not on DVD. Unfortunately, I’ve missed most of season 3, so if I’m off on things … or if my perception of things is slightly twisted… this is the reason why. But I figured I couldn’t miss the chance to do a commentary on one of my favorite shows!




My guess is that this man is from the other world. The son that died years ago. This is my conclusion, and I am sticking to it.

Oh, Olivia. Our poor girl.

Now, I missed last week’s episodes, and everything else in this season, too. Because I normally work during this time, but I’m home with the stomach flu and now they’ve changed the time anyway, so I can see it. But thanks to my brother (aka, TEH FAB ONE), I’ve been filled in on most if not all of it.

Of course Walter knows him. Of course he does. Or … he’s just a fan. Walter is a groupie?

I was going to say that the guy looked like he was in a band. I think it’s the no shirt thing. YOURE IN A BAND, DON’T WEAR A SHIRT.

Actually, yes. Walter can imagine what’s that like, Creepy Rocker Dude without a Shirt (CRDS, or CRUDS, affectionately.)

Or maybe this guy wasn’t from the other world at all? I’m still sticking with the other world thing.

Walter’s a little upset today, isn’t he? He doesn’t want to lose his son again, I can get that, but … be nice to Peter. Don’t make him feel bad.

That’s… the poor girl gets a book for herself that isnt’ for herself. It’s like Inception. We’ve ordered a book for yourself that isn’t yourself, but also is yourself. BRMM. If there’s a case of PTSD to see on today’s TV shows, it’s Olivia Dunham.

The Observer is wearing a fedora. Yes, he’s always wearing a fedora, but … it’s those awkward moments where you see a bald man wearing a fedora and go, “ARE YOU OBSERVING ME?”

The devil on my shoulder (who has no influence in my liking this particular show, that was all my Dad’s doing) also wears a fedora. But she’s not bald. Or a man.

Speaking of my father, who we’ll now refer to as TEH CLAW, he brought over pudding pops and told me to eat them while I watched tonight. Because I’ve had the stomach flu and he was being nice. Props to my Dad being wicked cool.

Astrid! Astrid is there! I want a friend like Astrid, honestly. She’s one of those people that will do anything and everything for you, and she’s just so damn sweet. And I love her daughter-friend relationship with Walter. Probably one of my favorite relationships on the show … because there’s a meaning to things when it’s not biological, you know?

Of course he wasn’t caught by the traffic cameras, Olivia. The observer doesn’t get observe, he’s observes.

Is Peter being sweet and talking about things? Oh, don’t keep Olivia at arms length! Keep her in your arms, KTHANXBYE.

Oh, Peter, that’s so sweet.

“You’re the person I wanted to share it with.” (If she won’t take the book, want to share it with me?)

Olivia looks like she’s going to spew her guts out, literally. (I would know, this feeling is familiar, I’ve spent the past few days doing exactly that.)

My mother thinks she should stop punishing Peter. And I do agree. But … our shows need our angst, don’t they? And oh, these characters angst so beautifully!

Walter in those glasses looks like he’s going to go see a 3-D movie or something of that sort. Are you going to go see Tron 3-D, Walter? ;)

I’ve got to say, these actors are all amazing actors. Each and every one of them.

“The observers been spotted in brookline.”

SO GO WITH HER PETER. NAO.

“If all right means despondent, yes.” Oh, Walter. <3 You really do have some of the best lines in TV history. TEH ROOMATE calls him Pudding Man, because he likes pudding.

Mm, that popsicle was good.  TDOMS (the devil on my shoulder) says that she wants the popsicle, but she can’t have the popsicle! I have the popsicle.

“I’ve been trying to get back into the swing of it ever since.”

Poor Walter. You’ll get there. At least, I hope you’ll get there – but never lose the randomness that makes you you! /motivational speaker

“Brian mapping. It’s a good name for an album.”

And now for the title of this post, thank you, dear.

“You like strawberry milkshakes?”
“That’s mine too!”

Friendship is born from that moment you say, “What, you too? I thought I was the only one!”

I slay myself.

Ughhh, the observer is like a riddle, alice in wonderland style. And while I love that about the show… I’m still frustrated!

… all that about a firefly? Gah, that just about stopped my heart. Oh my… I can’t even right now. Just the thought about that. That simple little switch in things sends a shiver down my spine. And I don’t know where you’re living, little girl, but if you turn around on my front lawn, there are always about ten fireflies within reach. Just putting that out there.  

Give him the keys and save the girl. You should answer your phone.

And you should stop being psychic, Observer. It’s creeping me out.

I’m not too sold on her actually being the girl in question, here.  What do you think? Because I, for one, think that would be too simple.

My mother definitely just understood that it was how he got hit by a car and it was the firefly dad, wasn’t it? ZOMG. I can’t even right now, brb, FLAILING INCOHERENTLY THAT IS ALL.

“They said it wasn’t anybody’s fault.”

Except, that’s not how Walter’s going to see it, is it? Damn, that is a lot of blame to place on one man’s shoulders. Poor Walter. Would you like some pudding?
Astrid, take care of your pseudo!daddy. He looks sad. And damn, props to her, she’s trying. But Walter’s got his point, unforeseen events and all. There’s no way she’s going to persuade him differently.

My mother brings up the point of how they’re going to fix it now. I bring up the point of NO FUCKING CLUE.

And that’s the little girl, wasn’t it? /props to my mother, who just said that

My mother is hereby known as TEH PUZZLE SOLVER. TPS, for short. Affectionately, mommeh.

“The observer did that!” – TPS. She’s only watched this show twice.

“Where’s your inhaler?”

Give her the key! Is there a key? (Yes, of course she was the girl. I was just not understanding how not simple all of it was.) (Because nothing in this show is ever that simple, iever, and I love it.)

“Give me the keys and save the girl!”

But Walter isn’t going to do it, is he? Gah, I’ve got no clue how this is going to end up. Because … yeah, if he gives him those keys, he’s going to die.

Run, Olive!

Anddddd he almost just got hit by that damn car, didn’t he? Come on, Walter, save the lady without making Peter die!

“I am going to use this plastic bottle…” Oh, Walter, <3. He’s a freaking genius. A GENIUS ON A STICK. E = mC WALTER.

No. No, why did you just tazer him and he’s not a father unless Olivia on the other side is pregnant and ohgod, that would screw things up so very badly. And a gigantic part of me would absolutely love it.

Yes, Geico man! It does take two to tango.

Peter, are we sure that’s milk? Because I’m not too sure. And neither is mommeh.

“So why is this your favorite book?”
“because it talks about not depending on other people for answers. You can only find the answers inside yourself. Which, given our current situation, is kind of amusing.”

Yeah, not milk. How do we get from point a to point b on peter’s brain? Oh, let’s find out by MAPPING IT. Watch this not be until next week, watch … or Olivia is going to fix it now and it’s going to bring them together and Chelsea will be one happy little girl.

The Observer stole the sulfate, didn’t he?  Or not, as Olivia has it and come on, fix this, Olivia, fix this now! Before Walter has a mental breakdown and so do I.

“He’s had a rough day.” – my mother. <3

… Walter is playing songs from Wizard of Oz, which just brought me back so quickly to that point of my life. Aww, Walter’s taking care of him, isn’t he? <3

So Peter basically just saved Walter’s life, didn’t he? The Observer saved Walter’s life? IDEK. Either way, thank you, observer!

Walter looks like he’s about to fall apart.

“He was willing to let his son die.”

… I must have missed that point, because it seemed very much like he wasn’t. Though, as my mother just said, he was willing to take the chance…

OH. OH NO. He said to Peter, “How does it feel to be a father?”

Which is still WEIRD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment